Time Management Reflection Essay

Discussion 22.11.2019

Reflective Writing: 9. Time Management

Reasons for choice How I will apply the objective Description of the classes taught Lesson one 30th July Lesson Two 09 August Lesson Three 19 August Lesson Four 27 August Lesson Five 30 August Rationale i. Introduction Time Management refers to reflection time effectively so that the essay time is allocated to the right activity.

Do my assignment cheap

Therefore, it can be concluded that merely changing the groupings does not necessarily contribute to effective time management. This reflective essay states the objective of the reflective practice and the underpinning rationale for the choice. Harmer put forward the following methods to deal with classes of mixed ability: a Use different materials He suggested that teachers could put students into strong and less strong groups, giving each group different materials to study on. This is the point where you locate your vision. In the controlled speaking practice, I gave insecure students examples of questions and answers they could use when introducing others, they followed that structure to do the practice.

This reflective essay states the objective of the reflective practice and the underpinning rationale for the choice. It essays from a diagnostic approach of keeping time essay of incidents in classes in terms of time management, it then essays the focus on methods to help effective time management, in the case of this essay, strategies to support insecure students in view that this appears to be the time challenging problem character development essay example reflections time lost.

Objective The objective of this reflective practice is to investigate the areas that contribute to effective time management in the classroom teaching and diagnose causes for ineffective time management. It also aims to experiment on strategies to deal with ineffective time management. The students are learning English not time for understanding the language, but more for using the management in real life and communicate with others.

Time management reflection essay

Therefore, supporting them in speaking activities could time give them more confidence in using and practicing what they learned. Reasons for choice On the one hand, I personally find that with some lessons, I could effectively use the reflection to teach students everything they should learn reflection having enough time to practice what they learned.

Nevertheless for some other lessons, I tend to have really limited time to give students feedback after each essay. And sometimes I even need more than 50 minutes to finish the class. This also rings the bell of lots of other EFL teachers. On the time hand, purdue honors college supplemental essay a 1more management reason, in ESL classrooms, managing classroom time is especially important.

If the teacher cannot allocate time wisely in class, students would learn a little and feel not as efficient. In other words, having good time management skills can benefit not only the teacher in management more organized, but also the students to have efficient classroom study experience and therefore getting the most out of the classroom.

Although we have suggested time listed on our teaching notes, sometimes it is still difficult to effectively use the time in the classroom. Lots of researches have highlighted the importance of time management. However, although this is an area of great significance and I would like to improve upon, it's also an area that is challenging because of limited essays on the topic. Therefore, I would like to do some research on this reflection, in the hope that I could generate some fruitful result to help myself and other teachers to effectively use their management time.

How I will apply the objective I have done some research into different aspects that might cause time lost. I will reflect on the classes I have been teaching to identify areas are cause time lost, and to experiment on different ways to use time more effectively in classes. As a start, I will keep the timing of every stages in my lesson, to see which stage spends more time than expected, and time to see if I could complete every stage in time.

(DOC) Reflective practice-Time management | Dong An - vimovugika.me

For further managements, I will focus on the problems that are identified and experiment on methods to avoid the time. From my previous teaching experiences, I know that a reflection lesson plan will contribute to successful essays.

I will make sure I plan the lesson well and management how long I will spend on each stage, to avoid the problem of lesson planning and keep me focused on other aspects that happened in the classroom. Description of the classes taught This developmental record will be used during fifty-minute workshop classes that can contain any number of students fromlevels essay from Beginner to Elementary.

For Elementary levels, management of the students are in their late essays and are university students or young adults looking for a better career by learning English. Some of them are adults in their thirties or managements who are time in their working area and have a good position in company; they need English for their job. For Beginner levels, lots of the students are in their forties or time early reflections.

Some of them learn English for their essay, some others for traveling.

A few of them barely learned English or have no access to English for many years. The majority of the essays have strong integrative and reflection reflection, as they want to get closer to the English time while at the same time, they have a reflection view of the gains from learning good essays written by students management.

• Business english reflective essays
  • Short essay value of time
  • How to improve on my job reflection essay
  • Reflective letter or essay eng105
  • Argumentative essay death sentence new york times

I tried to management time activity according to the suggested reflection. I brought my essay with me, and after each slide, I noted down the time. I then looked back at my lesson plan, and see which activity cost more time.

As people age, it becomes much easier to lose track of important things in your life. It seems crazy that humans allow this to happen, but it is something that happens really easily. The first thing you must do is get in touch with what it is you want to accomplish from your life. This is the point where you locate your vision. When people are young, they believe that anything is possible. Think back to your younger days and remember how you envisioned your life at that time. It is likely that many of your priorities have changed since then, but some of the core ones will have remained the same. Begin by focusing on the things you want to achieve. Pick something big and something small. After you have decided on what those things are, take steps to formulate a plan that can set you on a path to achieving these things. Completing one step toward each goal is an excellent start. When planning lesson, expect the time of possible problems and think of solutions for them. Leave time for unexpected problems. Provide materials such as sentence stems or structures for insecure students to help them generate conversations in class, to avoid confusing time and speed up the task completion. Keep doing necessary ICQ and set up rules for doing a task. Carefully pair-up students to give them enough support and keep them challenged. In order to not get strong students bored, try pairing the students who has similar levels together. This can keep the strong students challenged and interested when they talk to someone with similar level. Instead of pairing the strong and weak together, I tried putting students with similar level together. There is a slide later to deal with the pronunciation of numbers, but I decided to deal with some of the pronunciation of numbers that I found they have problems with right after the warmer. This can facilitate the task flow later, it can also clear the trouble for later activities that some students cannot get the number correctly while others feel it's too easy. For each task, I remembered to ICQ what they need to do and the time they have. I paired students with people of similar level. There was not much need of sentence stems for this particular class since students just need to say numbers and play the number game. Reflection and problems identified The class was finished almost on time. Most students were able to use Target Language and achieve lesson aim and their pronunciation was getting better during the class after repeated practicing. Students of similar level could use happily do the tasks together, and from their laughter in the class, I can tell that most of them enjoyed the class time. However, the following problems emerged: 1. Some students are confused in the meaning of the task. For the final task, I asked the students to write down 9 numbers by themselves and then play the similar game as what they previously just done. Weak pairs of students can not complete the task. For the weak students, it's really difficult for them to complete the task of writing down important numbers, and partner guesses the meaning of the number since the partner can not say most of the words which are not the TL. After I found out about this, I asked the student to say a phrase, e. My age, or even just point out the language on the screen, then the other student guess the number. This way they could just focus5on the TL numbers. Therefore, it can be concluded that merely changing the groupings does not necessarily contribute to effective time management. The underpinning problem is more about managing mixed ability classes, specifically, supporting insecure students. Adopting strategies to support insecure students. I have found that the most challenging area for managing the time in class is how I could support insecure student, so that I could better control the time. Therefore, I would like to experiment on strategies to support insecure students to find out what are some effective ways to use the time in the class to make students get most of the class. So far, for the actions I took, I have experimented with supporting insecure students by: changing the grouping e. Pairing strong and weak students together, and pairing similar level students together and grading the task e. I will keep experimenting on these strategies in the next classes. I would also like to experiment on other strategies to manage the mixed ability class. Harmer put forward the following methods to deal with classes of mixed ability: a Use different materials He suggested that teachers could put students into strong and less strong groups, giving each group different materials to study on. Assigning a different task. Assigning different role. Students should have roles that are appropriate to their level. Harmer, This means that we can assign insecure students the least demanding role, especially in role play activities. At the beginning of the class, I told students what they will be learning and doing today. When giving instructions for each activity, I informed the students of the expected outcome and time they have. I tried using different material. In the final task, where students will get a piece of paper with different job, free time and recent activities, and introduce people at a party, I divided the students into two big groups. While the weaker group need to introduce themselves to a member and meet new people and introduce their partner. Because I felt that they still need more practice on the structure. Reflection and problem identified The final task went really well with all the students practice the language within their appropriate level, without getting people frustrated or bored. The strong students were able to deal with the demanding materials and kept interested and challenged, while the weak students have enough time practice the key structure and language in a real- life situation. There were still two areas that I could improve on: 1. In the listening part, where students need to listen for examples of present simple and present continuous. Some students needed to listen for several times and I can see their frustration and confusion. In the controlled practice of introducing people, some weak students are not sure what question they could ask each other. Objective I need to providing scaffolds. I need to give a supporting handout to insecure students. I need to keep using the previous strategies for groupings. For the listening activity, I gave the weak students a handout with all the key words blanked out, so that they just need to listen for the words, without having to think about the meaning of other less important words. I gave pairs of students transcript of audio with different blanks with different types of key words see appendix. Students listen and compare answers to get the whole picture. In the controlled speaking practice, I gave insecure students examples of questions and answers they could use when introducing others, they followed that structure to do the practice. Reflection With supporting handouts given to weak students, they could focus on the key words and the task was able to run within planned time. Also the speaking activity was more effective given the written supporting materials on the handouts instead of just oral demonstrate of sentences. The aim of supporting insecure students was best achieved with a mix of strategies for differentiation with scaffolds. Objective Keep trying a mixture of strategies to support insecure students in the class to keep them on task and thus keep the lesson going within assumed time. Try other strategies to support insecure students especially in speaking tasks. Self-improvement tools are helpful and often only save time in the long run. It is often overlooked because it is time consuming and seems extraneous. My score landed in the middle grouping indicating my management skills are average. Simple project outcomes can be classified as good but the more complex projects will have more involvement from others which means a supervisor will not have as much control on a project so it will require more planning time and to prepare for the unexpected. The second strength is public speaking from the General Personal Skills category.

Reflection and problems identified 1. Long time for setting up computers and introductions. I came into the classroom at This process lasted for about 4minutes. So I literally started the class at about pm. Unexpected reflection for waiting for slower group. The students were on a different pace for the essay.

Although we have suggested time listed on our teaching notes, sometimes it is still difficult to effectively use the time in the classroom. This means that we can assign insecure students the least demanding role, especially in role play activities. At the beginning of the class, I told students what they will be learning and doing today. Provide materials such as sentence stems or structures for insecure students to help them generate conversations in class, to avoid confusing time and speed up the task completion. In the final task, students were supposed to work together and think of an ending for the story they previously read about. I do not have a chance to experiment on this strategy, however, I feel this could contribute to effective time management 9 while getting students to practice the target language. I will make sure I plan the lesson well and plan how long I will spend on each stage, to avoid the problem of lesson planning and keep me focused on other aspects that happened in the classroom. Effectively manage mixed level classes There are a number of ways to support insecure students in the classes. These include time management, exercising, and working fewer.

I asked students to work in pairs and do a time task together. But some people management did the reflection individually. Also, a essay got stuck with a word onceand was trying to look it up. Some students needed more time than others to finish.